0.6 SAP Cloud Platform Trial
➡️ Complete this setup for SCP with Alexa Lab only
SAP Cloud Platform is a platform as a service developed by SAP SE for creating new applications or extending existing applications in a secure cloud computing environment managed by SAP. The SAP Cloud Platform integrates data and business processes.
Create SAP Environment
Important: We cannot provide any SAP Cloud Platform(SCP) is a platform for you. Please make sure you have or can provision your own SCP lab environment(free trial) to continue the lab.
Using SAP CAL
Check the corresponding SAP license terms and conditions!
Step 1: Log into the SAP website
If don’t have an account with SAP skip this step and proceed with step 2!
- Visit https://www.sap.com and click the Log On icon in the upper-right corner.
- If you have an account on www.sap.com (e.g. an S, C, D or I number) you can enter it or the associated email along with your password. If you don’t have an account yet, you can select one of the other login methods or click Register to create an account.
If you don’t need to register with sap.com, you can skip to Step 4. Make sure to make all steps as DONE to get credit for completing this tutorial.
Step 2: Register at sap.com
- If you don’t have an account you will see a register dialog on the left-hand side of the dialog. Fill in the required fields, and click Submit
- You will see a message that an activation link has been sent to you.
Step 3: Activate your account
- Check your emails to find the activation button Click to activate your account.
- After activating your account, you will see the following screen.
Step 4: Log on to SAP Cloud Platform
After activation, or if you already had an SAP account, go to the SAP Cloud Platform Trial page and click Log On.
You will see an dialog to confirm the terms and condition for the SAP Cloud Platform Developer Edition. Check the check boxes and click Accept. This simply adds the SAP.com registration to your login account on SAP Cloud Identity. There is no cost associated with this upgrade.
Step 5: Verify your account
- You will see a message that you need to verify your account with a phone number. Click Verify your phone number to trigger that flow.
- Enter your phone number and click New Code to retrieve a code. Please enter this code as well and click Continue to verify your account. After the verification, you will be logged off automatically.
Step 6: Access the welcome screen
- Click on Log on to log on to your verified account.
- You will see one main button on the welcome screen of the SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit. Click on Enter Your Trial Account to navigate to your global account. Bookmark the link for fast and quick access to the cockpit.
Step 7: Navigate to the Cloud Foundry space.
- Here, you can now create a subaccount which lives in a geographic region. Choose a region from this list and click Create Account to trigger the provisioning process.
Note: Choose US EAST (VA) - AWS for this lab
You will then see a dialog box while the account is set up. When complete, click Continue to close to popup and to navigate to the new account.
The global trial account contains one subaccount and space. Navigate to subaccount by clicking on the tile named trial (this name may vary if you created the subaccount manually).
- To get to the space, in which your applications and services live, click on the dev space.
Congratulations, you are good to go!