AX1: Secure tunnel with SCP
Task: Set up Secure Tunnel between SAP Cloud Connector and SAP Cloud Platform (CF)
In this lab, you will set up a your SAP Cloud Platform account and the Cloud Connector to establish a secure tunnel between SAP Cloud Platform and the SAP Application Server ABAP in your system landscape.
With this setup you will learn:
- How to connect the Cloud Connector to your trial cloud foundry account on SAP Cloud Platform
- How to connect the Cloud Connector to your ABAP system
Before you can access data from the Cloud Connector in an application on SAP Cloud Platform, you must establish a trust between your SAP Cloud Platform subaccount and the Cloud Connector that is installed in your system landscape. To do so, you need your subaccount ID.
- Go to Your SAP Cloud Platform Trial | Cloud Foundry Trial, and navigate to your subaccount.
- Click the info icon as shown below to get your subaccount information. This information card will show the sub-account name trial by default. Copy the information listed in the ID
- Log on to the Cloud Connector administration UI and choose Connector | Define Subaccount (if you already have defined a subaccount for another purpose, choose Connector | Add Subaccount). Enter the following information
Subaccount: The subaccount ID you copied in the last step.
Display Name : Desired name (example Alexa)
Subaccount User: Email address of your subaccount user. You can find it in the User Information of SCP. => See below screen shot
Password : Your SCP password
Location Id: not required for this lab
- Getting user information from SCP.
- Choose Save.
- After a while you should get the following success message:
- Synchronize the IdP for Principal Propagation. Having created a mapping to a system successfully, when you click on the Principal Propagation tab, you will notice it to be devoid of any content. This is a security feature. The cloud connector is delivered without trusting any IdP by default.
Press the synchronise button to populate a list of IdP’s.